March 24, 2020
To Our Valued Sponsors,
Now, two weeks into pandemic action planning, I am proud of the proactive and constructive work our Alimentiv staff has demonstrated in implementing continuity plans and I’m confident we are well prepared to manage important work over the coming weeks and months.
We recognize the situation with Covid-19 is dynamic and that there is high potential for significant challenge ahead as the impact on the world-wide clinical research infrastructure deepens.
With a commitment to keeping people healthy through physical distancing, Alimentiv supports investigators, hospitals, laboratories, and most importantly, patients as they drastic measures to suppress infection rates.
Alimentiv has adapted our operations quickly to meet the challenge.
- Our efforts to be agile and responsive will not undermine our focus on quality; our study teams are working hand-in-hand with QA to assess risks and document proper courses of action
- Our ‘work-from-home-force’ is fully operational and engaged
- We have suspended all travel and are implementing remote monitoring in coordination with sponsors and sites
- Alimentiv’s cross-functional Pandemic Response Team is monitoring daily updates and assessing impact to our work daily; they are coordinating with our study management and operations leadership to model scenarios, build strategies and implement appropriate actions
- An established communication strategy is in place that includes weekly outreach to all our sponsors, Investigators, vendors and, of course, our staff globally
While we have successfully relocated 95% of our global employees to work from home, our Logistics team has remained in our Canadian and Netherlands offices to ensure equipment required for trials continues to be staged and shipped. Together with our shipping partners they have ensured the delivery of hundreds of imaging kits to sites over the past 2 weeks.
At noon on March 23, the Premier of Ontario (the province in which our logistics operation is headquartered), announced emergency measures to further control the spread of the COVID-19 virus. These measures include the shutdown of all non-essential services and business for at least the next 14 days. We are pleased to report that research services are considered essential and so there will be no interruption to our logistics services.
Our culture is what makes Alimentiv great. In these times of uncertainty our people are standing up, putting their best foot forward, and leaning on each other for support.
We continue to assess and respond to the dynamic impact of COVID-19 on our business continuity and remain committed to providing safe, quality service to our partners, sponsors, vendors and investigators. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact your Alimentiv project lead or the pandemic team directly at email@example.com
Jeff Smith, Chief Executive Officer