Our Privacy Notice
Last Update 23 JUN 2023
At Alimentiv Inc. and its affiliated companies (“we,” “us,” or “our”), we prioritize the protection of your personal data in accordance with the 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Canadian Data Protection Regulation (“Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act – PIPEDA”). We respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your personal information.
This privacy notice explains:
- how we collect personal information of our website (found at: www.alimentiv.com) visitors which could include our employees, our partners, our vendors and Sponsors and the general public (collectively “Users”) as the operator of a global contract research organization, www.alimentiv.com (together, the “services”);
- what we do with the information we collect and the use of such information;
- what legal basis we are applying when we are processing personal data;
- how we share and disclose the personal information;
- what rights data subjects’ have;
- how we protect the personal information;
- how we link to other websites;
- changes to our privacy notice; and
- how to contact us
By using our website and services, you agree to the terms of this privacy notice.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you when you interact with us through our Services or other channels, such as requesting information (“Contact Us”), submitting an RFP, applying for a job, providing feedback, receiving a service, or participating in a clinical trial or research program.
When a user visits our website, we do not automatically collect any personal information. We do keep track of certain information about users when they view our website content. This information includes, but is not limited to, the content viewed, the links that are clicked on, the time spent viewing content, how content is shared, location and device information.
As a result, the personal information we may collect from Users:
- Name, email address, phone number, postal address, and other contact details
- Professional credentials, qualifications, education, employment history, and other resume information
- Technical information, such as IP address, browser type, device identifier, and usage data (outlined above)
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services and products
- To communicate with you, and respond to your inquiries
- To send you marketing and promotional emails that may be of interest to you
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you have given your consent
When visitors to our website send email inquiries to us, the contact information, including a return email address (“visitor information”), is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. We do not use the visitor information for any other purpose and do not share the visitor information with any third party.
Legal Basis of Processing Personal Information under the GDPR
We process your personal information based on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Your consent
- The performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- Our legitimate interests (not overridden by your rights)
- Compliance with a legal obligation
Sharing of Personal Information
It is our policy not to use or share the information we have, but when required, we may share de-identified and aggregate information but not personal information, in order to provide our Services (except as described below).
In addition, we share personal data follows:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates share common data systems and process personal information as needed to operate our business.
- We share personal information with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we have hired to provide support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal information to provide those functions.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information if you have expressly instructed us to do so or for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe it is legal and reasonable to do so, including:
- to satisfy laws, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information
- to disclose information that is necessary to identify our users (or, a user), such as:
- protection of our customers and others, for example to prevent spam or attempts to commit fraud, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operating and maintaining the security of our proprietary materials, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protecting the rights or property of ourselves or others, including enforcing our agreements, terms, and policies; or operating the Services properly
Data Subjects’ Rights under the GDPR
You may have a right under your area’s data protection law to the following with respect to some or all of your personal data:
- The right of information, so as to be informed of the data collected by the controller and the details of the processing.
- Right of access, as to be informed of the personal data processed, the purpose of processing and the recipients of data and obtain copies of personal data files kept.
- Right to rectification, for the correction of any inaccurate information.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’), so as to ensure the erasure of personal data from the Company files, so long as its processing is no longer necessary or obligatory for the compliance with a legal obligation of the Company or the defense of a lawful interest before the Court.
- Right to restriction of processing, in case the accuracy of personal data is disputed.
- Right to data portability, so as to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to object, if the data subject no longer wishes his/her personal data to be processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to file a complaint before the Data Protection Authority (“DPA”).
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Protection of Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Links to Other Websites
We use interfaces with social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others. If you have an account with these social media sites, they may make a connection between your visit to Alimentiv’s website and your personal data. We recommend that you review their privacy policies to know more about their data processing practices.
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not endorse or control these websites and we are not responsible for their content or privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites that you visit before providing them with any personal information.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make material changes to this notice, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on our website. The date at the top of this privacy notice indicates when it was last updated. We encourage you to review our privacy notice periodically to stay informed about how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice or our privacy practices, you can contact us by:
Address: 100 Dundas St., Suite 200
London, Ontario N6A 5B6