Alimentiv is shaping the development pathway to bring new eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE) therapies to market.
Medications such as corticosteroids and proton pump inhibitors have shown potential to improve the symptoms of EoE, reduce the number of eosinophils in the esophagus, and decrease inflammation. Persistent esophageal inflammation, however, can lead to serious complications such as strictures. Considered a rare disease only 10-20 years ago, EoE is now commonly encountered in clinical practice. Despite this increasing prevalence, there are currently no approved therapies in the US for the treatment of EoE. A lack of validated outcome instruments has contributed to this unmet need.
Alimentiv has a long and successful history in outcome measure development and validation that we are applying in collaboration with EoE experts to
- Systematically review the operating properties of EoE outcome measures
- Standardize histopathologic scoring conventions
- Improve the reliability of histopathologic assessment
- Assess the operating properties of endoscopic outcomes
- Recommend appropriate outcome measures for clinical trials
Alimentiv can bring your EoE therapy to market through our:
- Experience spanning more than 30 years in the design and conduct of early to late phase multicentre global clinical trials
- Collaboration with internationally recognized EoE experts
- Participation in a global initiative for the development of an EoE clinical trial core outcome set
- Vast global network of gastroenterology investigators and their EoE patient population
- Central histopathology and endoscopy image management solutions for image capture and assessment by central reviewers
- Highly trained central endoscopy and histopathology readers whose disease-specific expertise can reduce histopathologic and endoscopic outcome variability
- Scientific collaborators and strategic scientific partnerships that facilitate the design and operationalization of translational medicine research (e.g. immunohistochemistry) in clinical trials
- Biostatisticians whose expertise in clinical trials ensures high quality and clinically relevant results
Click here to learn more about our collaborations with experts in EoE at the Academic Medical Center, the Netherlands and the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Alimentiv is a proud sponsor of the European Society of Eosinophilic Oesophagitis (EUREOS)